Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Visiting Fellow at Salve Regina U's Pell Center


 In my second day of my week-long Visiting Fellowship at Salve Regina University's Pell Center, in Newport, Rhode Island -- a place I know well. Great to be back! Spent yesterday helping develop "Story in the Public Square," an initiative with the Pell Center that will launch next spring.

"The effort, when launched, will celebrate the ethical use of story-telling in the public arena while exploring the topic more generally through on-going research, writing, and public events,"the Salve news office said in a press release today.

Today, I continue that work, along with teaching the first of three writing and documentary filmmaking classes I've scheduled for this week.

My office is on the second floor of the center, which is housed in the magnificent Young Building. I have a view of Bellevue Avenue, just north of Rosecliff. Sweet!










No comments:

Post a Comment