Monday, November 14, 2022

Please welcome Ocean State Stories!

I closed my November 4, 2022, farewell to The Providence Journal promising word soon of “adventures that await.”

Ten days later, I am thrilled to announce I have become director of Ocean State Stories, a new media outlet serving Rhode Island residents that will be devoted to long-form journalism about issues of importance to the many diverse communities that together comprise our state.

Based at Salve Regina University’s Pell Center in Newport – a place I know well, having been a visiting fellow since 2012 -- Ocean State Stories will be free (and clickbait-free), answering only to the highest standards of my profession.

The icing on this cake?

That I will be working full-time with the great Pell Center staff, all of whom share the mission of bettering the common good. As the university declares, “Salve Regina welcomes people of all beliefs, seeking wisdom and promoting universal justice.”

And thus, to paraphrase Mark Twain, I am happy to confirm that reports of my retirement were an exaggeration!

Read more at this link and stay tuned for further details as we move toward our launch early in 2023. 


5 comments:

  1. This is just terrific news, Wayne. The entire state will benefit as you fill an enormous void. Congratulations! Thankfully, you have never avoided hard work because this is not going to be easy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, Wayne!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is big news.I am interested in helping.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Should have told you my name. John Pantalone

    ReplyDelete