Friday, April 13, 2012

Lecture at Salve Regina University

DiStefano Hall Antone Building, Salve Regina U.


Presented today at an American History class at Newport's Salve Regina University, where the Pell Center is located. This was to a group of about 30 Pell Scholars. Had a great time. The topic was how I researched and wrote  AN UNCOMMON MAN, my bio of the late Sen. Claiborne Pell. Invested a lot of time combing my files for the PowerPoint and it was worth the effort. The book was required reading for the course, and afterward I signed everyone's copy. A room of bright young scholars and I wish them the best. And thanks to professor and historian Marian Mathison Desrosiers.

I am always delighted to spend time at Salve. They have been supportive of my work for years, and last fall's UNCOMMON MAN book launch at the Pell center (where else?!) remains a very pleasant memory.

No comments:

Post a Comment