Thursday, July 2, 2020

Wiping the Slate Clean

During the #coronavirus pandemic, I am regularly posting stories and selections from my published collections and novels. Read for free! Reading is the best at this time!

This 14th free offering is "Wiping the Slate Clean," published in 1987 in Masques II,  Maclay & Assoc., and containing also stories by Stephen King, Ramsey Campbell,  Joe R. Lansdale, Thomas F. Monteleone and other horror greats. 

NOTE: These were heady times in horror (and mystery and science-fiction)  for me and many other young authors, some of them still friends. I interviewed my favorite writer, Stephen King. I succeeded in selling short stories to many publications, notably The Horror Show, and to hard- and soft-cover collections. I found my first agent -- Kay McCauley, who with her brother, the late Kirby McCauley, represented King. I sold my first book, the horror novel Thunder Rise (first in a trilogy), edited by the late Alan Williams, who also edited King. I attended conventions in London, Seattle, Nashville, New York, providence and elsewhere. And I wrote, wrote, wrote.

Anyway, to the business at hand: presenting "Wiping the Slate Clean." I do not have the digital files, so photos of the pages will have to do.



















(Should you wish to purchase any of my collections and books, fiction or non-fiction, visit www.gwaynemiller.com/books.htm)


No comments:

Post a Comment