Thursday, March 28, 2019

PechaKucha!

On Wednesday evening, March 27, 2019, I presented at the 10th anniversary PechaKucha Night Providence, held at the majestic Columbus Theater on Broadway. This was no. 119 for the fabled event that began in Tokyo and is now worldwide, and my sixth time presenting (one of my earlier ones, on Feb. 27, 2013, marked the 10th anniversary of The Station nightclub fire that killed 100).


We had a nearly full house last night!


I was awed by every presentation -- honestly these evenings are always fabulous, whether it's first-timers presenting or people who have before. I encourage you to attend a PKN Providence, held at rotating venues  around the capitol city.

My presentation was "Story in the Public Square," a 20-slide chronicle of how my co-host and co-producer Jim Ludes and I went from a conversation to a national Telly-winning PBS and SiriusXM Radio show (more on that in an earlier blog). And before and after, I had the chance to catch up with old friends John Taraborelli and Michael Gazdacko, who kindly introduced me. And I had the fine opportunity to meet, in person, the host, Christopher Donovan.

Not sure if the organizers taped the evening and will be posting, but here are my 20 slides tracing the history of Story in the Public Square. Many people in the audience later told me they are fans, and that is the kind of feedback that means so much to me and Jim -- and to our great crew at Rhode Island PBS, our flagship station.























No comments:

Post a Comment