Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Now available: SINCE THE SKY BLEW OFF, first collection of short stories



 Fiction remains my first true writing love, and squeezed between my non-fiction work, I still manage some of it, mostly MEMORY, my novel still in progress. A few years back, however, before I got into non-fiction books and filmmaking, I wrote fiction obsessively -- mostly mystery, horror and science fiction. Many of my short stories were published, in hard- and soft-cover volumes and periodicals, including Alfred Hitchcock's Mystery Magazine. And my first book, THUNDER RISE: A Novel of Terror, was fiction.

In January 2012, David Niall Wilson, a writer of note and now publisher of North Carolina-based Crossroad Press, approached me to see if I was interested in bringing some of those stories back to print, Hell, yes! And not just print, but e- and audiobooks as well.

First to come is SINCE THE SKY BLEW OFF: The Essential G. Wayne Miller Fiction, Vol 1. The title story, set in a post-apocalyptic future, is one of my personal favorites. Written in the late 1980s, it has stood the test of time. And it's the basis of a screenplay my L.A. writing partner, Drew Smith, and I have been noodling on for some while now. Stay tuned on that (still noodling...).

SINCE THE SKY BLEW OFF is available on Kindle, Nook and other digital formats, for $2.99. A bargain! It has ten stories, and two previously unpublished screenplay treatments, one horror/fantasy, the other political/fantasy.

And thanks, David, for bringing me in this direction!

No comments:

Post a Comment